Pepper Jelly is a wonderful treat that can be eaten on crackers with cream cheese. Below is a basic recipe but can be adapted to different flavor profiles and degrees of spice.
Makes: 7 8oz jars
Total time: 90 min
Prep time: 15-30 min
- Chop peppers. (We used a food processor.)
- Add the peppers and vinegar, bring to a boil.
- Gradually add pectin.
- After pectin has been added, add sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved and the liquid has started to thicken it can be canned.
* Bell peppers can be used to control the color of the jelly by selecting more red peppers you will get a more vibrant orange color. If using green peppers the color will be darker and stay more of a green color. The use of green peppers may require 1/2tsbp extra pectin due to the additional moisture.